I love my garden. I love squash and I LOVE simple Back 2 School recipes. Working full time with 4 kids, this is a staple go – to that my mom taught me. The best part – it can be adapted if your garden did not give you enough squash OR you have extra unexpected guests!
- 3- 4 yellow squash (washed)
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Optional ingredients – zucchini, onion, or other garden extras)
- Cut your yellow squash into quarter sized pieces
- Heat olive oil in the cast iron skillet or sauté pan to medium.
- Put squash pieces into the oil.
- Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes.
- Apply salt and pepper.
- If you are running low on yellow squash – you can supplement with zucchini, onion or another one of your favorite garden extras).
What is your favorite summer/fall vegetable recipe?