Reporting to the Sales Manager, the training manager for AgriTech Corp. will be responsible for coordination and implementation of training programs and on-boarding new customers in the distributor/garden center channel of the $100 billion lawn and garden industry.
The candidate will have excellent communication and people skills, a propensity for solving problems, ability to manage new customer set up and training, and an aptitude for sales and marketing. The candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to manage several projects concurrently. The position will require approximately 25% out of town travel. Salary range is $50,000 to $60,000 and commensurate with ability and experience. A bonus program will be implemented after 90 days of employment.
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Maintaining and updating our mobile CRM technology for distributor channel customers
- On-boarding new distributor accounts including fertilizer and amendment alignment
- Administering distributor shows and expos as directed by Sales Manager
- Coordinating distributor sales meetings and training activities
- Developing, coordinating, and executing garden center/dealer training and merchandising programs
- Partnering and co-managing customer service with executive account manager
We are looking for entry-level regional sales managers across various regions of the US to represent AgriTech and its products to the $100 billion lawn and garden industry.
The candidates will ideally have a degree in agronomy, agribusiness, or related discipline with an aptitude for sales and marketing. Sales experience in agricultural products would be helpful but not required. The position will require 80% out of town travel.
- The Regional Manager (RM) will assist AgriTech’s distributor network to sell SoilKit and other products to our retail dealers including garden centers, feed & seed stores, farm co-ops, home improvement centers and hardware stores.
- Training our distributor’s District Sales Representatives (DSRs) will be a priority duty. This duty is accomplished by conducting training sessions in conjunction with our distributor’s scheduled sales meetings that are normally held monthly. The follow up to these training sessions will be done by ride-withs as DSRs call on their dealers. This first-hand training of the DSRs and interaction with stocking dealers is the most important duty. Distributor sales growth will be the most important metric in measuring the RM’s contribution to the company.
- The RM will assist AgriTech’s executive development team in activities and programs like lawn & garden expos, assisting landscape contractors in customer acquisition and in store training for chain, multi-unit and national accounts.
Regional Manager positions are entry level sales jobs with the opportunity for promotion to Senior RM. Compensation is a competitive base salary ($50,000- $70,000 per year) plus an unlimited commission program to reward sales growth.
The employee will be strategically located in the region being served.
We are looking for a senior engineer to help lead our engineering team in building great products and features in the agriculture space. We are looking for someone with 8+ years of software architecture and development experience who has managed small teams and is looking to grow his or her career and take on more responsibility. This is an opportunity to shape the organization as we grow. To be successful in this role, you should be confident managing development teams while, at the same time, setting goals, and timelines for various projects.
- Code new features and modules
- Manage software development projects
- Assist in the architecture and design of new features
- Run daily standups
- Help recruit and hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Implement innovative technologies
- Perform code reviews and programming mentoring
- Work experience as a software developer
- Extensive experience with all technologies in our stack
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Excellent project management skills
- BSc/MSc in Engineering/Computer Science or relevant field
We use all modern tools throughout the organization. Must be willing to relocate. Competitive compensation including stock options.